Vegan Pumpkin Bread
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons non-aluminum baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups unsweetened canned or pureed cooked pumpkin
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbl corn oil or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon golden raisins
Preheat the oven to 350F. Mist a 8.5 x 4.5 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray, and set it aside.
Place the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl, and stir them together.
Place the wet ingredients in a medium mixing bowl, and stir them together until they are well combined.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix just until the dry ingredients are evenly moistened. The mixture will seem very stiff and dry. Stir in the pecans and raisins until they are evenly distributed.
Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Place the loaf pan on the center rack of the oven, and bake the bread for about 50 to 55 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center tests clean.
Remove the bread from the oven using mitts or pot holders. Turn it out of the loaf pan onto a cooling rack, and carefully turn the bread upright. Allow the bread to cool completely before slicing or storing it. Wrap the cooled bread tightly, and store it at room temperature up to 3 days, or refrigerate it up to 7 days.