- 2 firm, but ripe, avocados
- 1/4 Cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp salt 1/2 Cup finely diced white onion
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 Cup deseeded and diced ripe plum tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Peel, pit and quarter the avocados.
In a medium bowl, mash together the avacados, lime juice, and salt using a heavy whisk or potato masher. The finished mixture should contain small lumps.
Stir in the onion, jalapeno pepper, tomatoes, and cilantro.
Cover tightly, pressing plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole and reserve in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
After a few hours, the guacamole may discolor on top due to oxidation. Simply scrape off the darkened layer, which will have an off taste, and use the remainder.