Banana-Blueberry Mini Muffins
|2 Cups all-purpose flour
||1 Tbl baking soda
|2 ripe medium-sized bananas
||1/4 tsp white stevia powder
|1 Cup buttermilk or kefir
||8 Tbl unsalted sweet butter melted
|2 large white eggs
||1 Cup blueberries
|1 Cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat Oven to 400 deg.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour and baking soda, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until they reach a lumpy consistency. Add the stevia to the buttermilk and combine with the bananas. Gently stir in the melted butter.
- Using an electric hand mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff, then fold them into the banana mixture.
- Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed. Do not over stir. Gently add blueberries and walnuts.
- Spoon the batter into a lightly oiled or papered mini-muffin tin. Fill each cup with a heaping tablespoon of batter. Bake for about 12 minutes.
- When a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean, the muffins are done.